2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fuel Issue?Eratic Idle, missing at approx 2000 rpm, stalling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Compo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 22:23    Post subject: Fuel Issue?Eratic Idle, missing at approx 2000 rpm, stalling Reply with quote

1998 Trooper LWB, 3.1TD Auto BigHorn Import from Crete.

Idel started to surge, then engine started to stall at te lights, when corenering slowly. Next engine began to shudder at about 2000rpm (Bit like a petrol engine mis-firing). Isuzu dealer as much use as a chocolate fireguard! (having taken plenty of my money to confirm their ineptitude!)
They said that only error code was from a fuel flow sensor.

Tank removed, pipes checked etc

Took to a diesel engineering company, they said fuel pump actuator was failing and fitted a new one (huge cost!) problems went away, for about 50 miles! so they assumed actuator fitted was faulty and ordered a new one from Bosch in Germany.

While waiting for second new actuator, battery gave up the fight and I replaced it. Here's the weird bit - All of engine problems dissappeared so went back to Diesel engineers who were gob-smacked. they refitted old actuator and evrything OK (very reputable company, gave me my money back in full! Unlkike the Isuzu dealer sheisters!)

300 miles later problems started to come back and now Im right back where I started! what the heck is wrong with my Trooper...

HELP HELP HELP - PLEASE.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 22:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

siweb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,m8

a couple of question for ya.
Is it an import from crete or cyprus? as they still fitted the 3.1 engine to the what we call the mk4 shape over here.

What did they read it the ECU with, a tech2 or 1? as the 98 bighorn is listed on the tech2. does the check engine light come on?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm!
Could have come from cyprus in fact that wrings a bigger bell. not sure (measures distance in KM but shows speed in MPH) how do i find out where it came from for sure?

as for the test system they used I have no idea.

No the engine light does not come on.

Thanks in advance
Compo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to last post, I notice your in Rotherham, Im based in Holmfirth (not so far at all) do you know a good mechanic who could help me get to the bottom of this?

Engine has done approx 170,000 KM and been well serviced (I believe) It did overheat once (blockage in bottom of radiator) after replacing rad all seemed OK.

Turbo was also replaced at about 90,000 KM, just failed out of the blue!
siweb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad sry m8 dont know any mechanics that can help/trust, well not round here anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: