4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

tick over noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darren m

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:11    Post subject: tick over noise Reply with quote

sorry about all the questions , but i gotta learn some way Very Happy

when i first got this motor the tick over was fine and if slightly low ( on very cold days ) i can adjust it with the idle nob the one to the left of steering wheel.
Any way along with my oil pressure probs , the tick over at the moment is very fast and engine sound tappy , the idle nob is not adjusting the tick over as before , just seems to be still ticking over fast even when i turn the nob right down.

could they be connected ?.

and whats the optimum tick over RPM idleing speed .

thanks again
Darren .
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

darren m

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone
forgot to say its idleing fast even when cold and idle nob can not be turned down any lower Crying or Very sad

Also the oil pressure is coming from cold just under the 90--100 mark right down to below 30 in a matter of a mile or so.
jonkem

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isuzu idle speed for 4jg2-t is 720rpm.
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
darren m

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that , its ticking over at around 900rpm , the tick over nob will take it up higher , but not bring it down any .
alcudia

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Whilst scouring the 23000 pages of PDF files for the answer to my oily breather problem i was reading sections about vacume pipes etc. Allot of the "Engine Drivability and Emmisions" trouble shooting sections contain notes on high ideling and all these flow charts tend to lead to perished vacume pipes and end in "repace"

If you can accept a 150mb e-mail i will forwards it to you. Let me know and inclide an e-mail address.

Good luck

Lee
Philp

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be some sort of idle adjustment screw on the throttle linkage under the engine that just needs backing off a touch if it's idling too high.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
darren m

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers phil -- had a look , but cant see the above mentioned.

lee-- sent you a pm.
jonkem

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren,
follow the throttle cable down to the pump and there is a bolt at the end which adjusts the throttle resting position. Check that the lever the cable attaches to is going right back to touch the bolt ie. the return spring is taking it right back.
If the bolt hasn't been adjusted to cause the rise in tickover it shouldn't be that. So if you are going to adjust the bolt outwards (undoing it) remember how many turns you adjust so you cah put it back to the original position if needs be.

There is a throttle advance mechanism (vacuum controlled) which sits just behind & below the throttle lever. This can make the tickover a bit higher. As a test the vacuum pipe can be disconnected & capped. Do it while the engine is running and see if there is an immediate difference.
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
darren m

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mate -- do dont have a digi cam do you Confused

ok pump on right side ( me standing at front of truck ) - correct.
cable goes in to pump body , theres an adjusting nut on cable ( cable adjuster , me thinks )
looking down on it ( front passenger side wing ) direct me to which is the screw i need.

what is the dial at the left of steering colunm ( idleing nob i call it ) attached to , cant find where that goes .

i,ll have another look .
cheers
jonkem

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idle control knob is connected to the side of the pedal, a very simple affair that just replaces your foot. Good to keep the revs up when winching etc or if it's hard for the engine to keep revs nicely when cold.

If you are standing at the o/s wing, at the extreme end of the cable it fits into a curved lever. The adjusting bolt is in front (to your left) of this lever. It sits just behind the back of the timing cover.

If you have broadband i can email the Isuzu manual in pdf format, it's a huge file but well worth it. Just send me a PM with your email address.

Jon[/img]
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: