4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Electric fan - addition/conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 21:54    Post subject: Electric fan - addition/conversion Reply with quote

OK, I'm talking 2.8 Isuzu lump Frontera here so I'm guessing it can be put in the same box as the 3.1 Trooper.
Came across my Kenlowe twin fan and come to the conclusion that I ought to see about getting it fitted. I've had a search and found the old post which had links for X-Eng water temperature sensor housing. Can anybody advise what other electronics I need to think about buying and where I would need to wire it in.
The other thing is I suppose I ought to think about removing the viscous fan and position the electric fan in it's place, i.e. between rad and engine. If I can fit it in, would there be any advantage in having the electric fan as an addition to the viscous, i.e. behind the grill and push the air through.
What my problem is that I fundamentally made a mistake when I fitted my winch and winch bumper. The winch is positioned a 1/3rd of the way up the rad, thus restricting the air flow which is not good for these old oil burners. Learning from my mistake, I realised I should have fitted a winch tray down by the chassis but having got it all fitted up, it would mean rather alot of angle grinding and rewelding to sort the bumper. On the plus side, the winch is up higher enough not to endure water/mud ingress.
Any advise will be gratefully received.
http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16473
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 21:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: