QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

oil coming out of breather pipe of the rocker cover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WILLIE13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 16:15    Post subject: oil coming out of breather pipe of the rocker cover Reply with quote

hi, i've large amounts of oil coming through the breather which comes from the rocker cover, i've changed the diaphram and still no joy. many of people said it could be the rings however i hav'nt lost any power or performance only oil. it's a 2.8 tdi import with 60.000 on the clock. i've had no joy getting a workshop manual and know what to do next, if antone can help i would be very greatfull, regards kieran
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 16:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a blocked breather pipe causing the crankcase to pressurise. I'd take off any breather pipes and clean them out and make sure they're not collapsing under pressure. I've pointed you in your other post towards the Hyanes Frontera manual as this covers the 2.8 TD lump.

Knackered piston rings will lead to blowby and excess crankcase pressurisation as could stuck rings if it's been stood for a while. One old way of freeing off stuck piston rings is to gain access to the cylinders (as it's a diesel I guess either through the injector or heat plug holes), fill each cylinder with something like good old fashioned Redex or even diesel and leave to soak at least overnight. The next day holding a rag under each hole turn the engine over manually (should be easy as you'll have no compression) until the redex burps out, tighten everything up and try it. (make sure all the liquid is out) A compression test will also show you if the rings are knackered but you will need a diesel specific tester because of the pressure involved in an oil burner.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
cj1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi can anyone tell were the breather pipes are.Can anyone post pics of the vacum pipes and there locations?after all its been requested many times.
jjcymru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.8's will blow some along the rocker cover hose, i know of three that do this, and dont lose oil so its normal!
WILLIE13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 19:26    Post subject: oil from breather Reply with quote

thanks for your help, got a 5lt drum wi the breather pipe in it and on avarage i can fill it in 2 week so its not really normal. changed the diaphram on the rocker,cleaned the breathers and added seal treatment but still no change. she still runs sweet as a nut so i've got time to save some pennys for a new lump unless anyone as an easy answer
alcudia

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Did you ever get to the bottom of this - i have exactly the same on a 3.1 TD?

Please let me know and kind regards

Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: