Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Change to UK spec

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Crehan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:00    Post subject: Change to UK spec Reply with quote

Hi guys

My name is Ray and I'm new to this club and forum.

I live in Malaysia (but only for the next five days) where I bought an Isuzu D - Max Hi-Def special edition. It's a 4 x 2 (don't laugh!!). I have had great difficulty selling my car so have decided to bring it back to UK with me in February.

There are some basic changes that need to be made to the vehicle and I was hoping that someone out there may be able to offer advice or give contacts so that I can get "Max" driving on UK roads.

First thing I need to do is replace the aircon unit with a heater. This is a necessity at the moment I should think!

Second is to put rear fog lights on it (I this should be petty straightforward)

Third hurdle is to change the speedometer from kilometres per hour to MPH.

After the customs check someone from DVLA (I think) needs to check it out before giving the go-ahead for me to drive it in UK. I've got all the forms to fill in so I just need a bit of help with the technical bits.

I know this may sound a bit strange but I love my car so I want the work done properly and if possible using original Isuzu parts. I've just spent 3 hours online looking for anything that resembles geniune Isuzu parts but it looks very much like a mine field on there.

I would be very grateful for any help or info on all or some of the above.

Regards

Ray
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a peek on eebuygum... there are a few on there being broken at the moment and you may be able to get the parts from them.
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

we supplied parts for a saudi spec vehicle that doesn't have a heater box and it's quite expensive to do, if you can't get the bits second hand for a few hundred quid then i'd forget about doing it and buy a uk spec vehicle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: