All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Pay & Play 05/06/05 Avon Dassett Nr Banbury

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveforster9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to meet you yesterday Ian! I certainly agree with you on ground clearance & articulation, I ran out of hills to go up cos I just kept getting beached. LWB & lack of ground clearance = lots of scraping sounds!

Where is the picture of you stuck in the mud!!!!!!!

I spoke to the chap with the grand cherokee, fortunately his air filter had acted as a sponge and stopped any water actually getting into his engine - lucky escape methinks Shocked Shocked After about an hour talking to him I suddenly realised he is in fact my cousin, Owen, who I haven't seen in 10 years - small world or what!!

The truck was hideous to drive home - mud stuck in the wheels - one hour of jetwash when I got home, then another half hour to clean it off the drive. I still need to take off some of the bash plates to clear out the rest of it.

Big thanks to Paul K from Thames Valley 4x4 - the chap with the White LWB Troop - very friendly chap, made us feel very welcome.

Now then - when are we going to do it again???

1999 3.0DT LWB
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

yangreen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pic of me stuck in the mud is there but it doesn't actually look that stuck! It's the one where the rear wheel is wedged up into the wheel arch. It's hard to see that the front wheel is off the ground.
Paul.K

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yangreen & Steveforster, glad to hear you both enjoyed yourselves and you both survived to tell the tale.Avon Dassett is one of our more extreme venues. The next event is Oxley Shaw, 15mins from Jct 12 M4 Nr Reading. All details on www.tv4x4.co.uk
I don't know what happened to the other guys who said they were coming, but it was their loss. Did you see that young girl in her Series Land Rover Lightweight? She had never been off road in her life, didn't even know how to engage 4 wheel drive!. I showed her what the Landie could do, "your never going to go up there" she said with a scream. After that she went to have a whale of a time, I bet we see her again. She was one of the last to leave only after rescueing a Suzuki. I certainally hope so because that is what it is all about. Very few people ever find out how capable 4x4's are and just how how far you can go without damaging your shiney, eh Steve. All the best.
Cheers
The PIG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I broke down as explained Paul-Reading is nearer i think i will try and come
Paul.K

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, yes I suspect Reading is a bit closer, all the details and maps you will find on www.tv4x4.co.uk There is camping available at the site or I could find you some accommodation on Saturday night. If you were down on Saturday well then maybe we could get a bit more off roading done , purely for scientific research Wink . We have exclusive use of the site and a special arrangement with the farmer. I will send you a p.m. with my mobile number.
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: