QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Am I really completely barking??

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should i swap my car (details in thread)
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

DYLAN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good l Shocked  Shocked king cars can't you keep both just to get up the nose's of the anti 4x4's  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 21:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

reddragondfw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a 3.0 citation  apart from the obvious probs which i have posted about i think their a great motor and i think the probs i have had is because it was not looked after by previous owners fuel consumption is great towed my caravan from s wales down to corwall only £34 i use it as my personal car and put an average of £28 a week in
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Webby - only time will tell if I got a real bargain, but I'm beginning to come round to the idea that I might have!

Yes, Moany, those wheels and the Fulda Tramp tyres (German Goodyear Wranglers) that are on them have been on my last two Troophorns and I still like them! They have a few mm more offset so they'll fill out the wheel arch extensions on the Mk2½ quite nicely I think.

I already pi$$ off the waggleheads around here, Dylan - we're in a Conservation Area and I have a yard full of cars and boats and for the first 3 years after moving in I had a 20ft sea container plonked in the front garden - they loved that! I have the 2 Troophorns parked out front right now to irritate the lentil-munchers!

I'm looking forward to checking the fuel consumption, dragon. I brimmed it yesterday and zeroed the trip and I'm off to Brands Hatch on Sunday for the truck racing so I'll get a good idea from that. I haven't fitted my cruise control yet, so whatever I do get I'll be able to better, anyway.

My first impressions are that there's a shed load more grunt than with the 3.1, it's freer-revving and it's a lot quieter and smoother too.

The brakes are sharper; it feels as though there's more coming from the rear brakes, which makes sense because the UK spec has a rear load-sensing valve where the Jap spec just has a fixed pressure-reduction valve.

The ride and handling are all over the place until I get the knackered dampers changed, but the whole package looks good so far - and what a difference the new dash layout makes.... I can find the switches without hunting around for them, folding my mirrors instead of washing my headlamps...........  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I'll let you know how I get on.
DYLAN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck,,, (lentil munchers  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy )
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Well, had a good round trip to Brands Hatch yesterday with my "new" 3.0 Trooper.

Well pleased - terrific  difference in torque: I can overtake without even shifting out of 5th where I wouldn't have dared even starting the manoeuvre with the 3.1 in any gear!

Without cruise control fitted yet I wasn't too accurate at keeping to 60 mph (65 mph indicated, incidentally) and kept drifting over speed, but nevertheless she did the trip on 28.99 mpg - call it 29, eh?! That's at least 4 mpg better than I'd have got out of the 3.1 so I'm very pleased with that.

I think I really like this car.......

By the way, the truck racing was brilliant! I know it's off topic, but here's a couple of snaps which you might like:

Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my "new" 3.0 with a transporter trailer down to south Essex the other day and towed it back laden. Not a heavy load, in fairness, being just a Honda S2000 sports car, but a load nevertheless.

Anyway, the point is she did the round trip at a staggering 26.7 mpg, which is about what my 3.1 would have done unladen!

I haven't got my cruise control fitted yet either so we'll do even better when that's on.

Well happy bunny here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: