Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Trooper 3.0TD Cylinder Block Drain Plug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clive

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 21:56    Post subject: Trooper 3.0TD Cylinder Block Drain Plug Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Can someone put me straight please, I want to drain the water out of the cylinder block on a Trooper 3.0DT engine 4JX1.
I’ve read on a previous thread the plug lives on the passenger side near the engine mount, can someone confirm where I’ve shown in the photo is indeed the drain plug.

The bolt length is about 35mm and it measures 14mm diameter over the threads, requires a 19mm socket to remove it, plus the bolt head has an integral washer/flange on it.

I’ve assumed it is the drain plug, only problem is when removed no water has come out even after giving it a poke with a piece of wire, does anyone have any suggestions on how tom clear it assuming it is the plug.

Also there is a metal tube, does anyone have any idea what it’s for?

Thanks for your help

Clive
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/skyhawk2000/P1210729x.jpg
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 21:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope the bolt is for the engine mount, the metal tube is the drain, undo the bolt in the end of the bit the tube comes off and the water will come out the tube
Clive

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan

Thanks for the reply, I wanted to get on with the job so I took the bottom hose off where it connects onto the cylinder block and also took the thermostat out so I could flush the block out.

Working under the wheel arch I couldn't manage to get a socket or ring spanner onto the bolt by that tube as it seems well tucked away behind what looks like a banjo union, have you managed to get at the drain as it would be useful to know should I need to drain the block some other time??

Also do you know what that banjo is part of?? http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/skyhawk2000/P1210744x_1.jpg

Thanks again for your help

Clive
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the fuel in to the lift pump and the thin metal pipe that is just above is fuel up to the head, you can take the banjo out with out any issues you will lose a little bit of fuel but not much just clamp the rubber pipe to stop it draining the filter
Clive

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lowdown on  that eithan, it's much appreciarted Smile

Clive
02Trooper777

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

For others doing the same job (I've just done it ...) the drain bolt requires a 12mm socket.
It is tucked away out of 'easy' sight though.
1986 Saab 900 Turbo. '84 Marlin Roadster.
+ motorcycles & '76 Reliant Kitten (don't laugh - it has got 4 wheels)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: