QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2000 trooper immobiliser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackjones007

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 14:03    Post subject: 2000 trooper immobiliser Reply with quote

Hi, can any one advise me on how to disable, or reset the immobiliser on my 2000 trooper?
Cleaning the dashboard, opening doors ect has brought it in to play, now I can't deactivate it.
I've try end all the usual but with no joy....any advice would be gratefully received.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 14:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we talking about alarm, central locking or immobiliser here ?
What exactly have you done and what is the truck doing/not doing ?
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's normally built in as part of the ecu unless you have got an aftermarket one fitted as well
C.B.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
There's a supplementary section in the Trooper manual for the immobilizer system (37 pages), strangely although it covers 3.0D, 3.1D and 3.5V6 it's only in the Model year 2000 section.
If it won’t start and you suspect the immobiliser system is faulty then unless it's a simple wiring connection fault it needs attention with Tech 2, there is no way to reset or swap out the major components without programming.
Is the Check Engine light flashing?

Here’s the system diagram (Diesel 4JX1 3.0L)

and the error codes

Hope that helps.
jackjones007

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:23    Post subject: Immobiliser Reply with quote

no, the only lights on the dash that come up are oil, breaks and battery.
jackjones007

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:27    Post subject: Immobiliser Reply with quote

hi Red Robo and thanks for responding,
Problem came about after a deep clean of the cabin. Buttons pushed, door locks on/off ect. worked fine before all of this was done. ( lesson there me thinks ) so, as only  break, oil and battery lights coming on on the dash I'm thinking Immobiliser.
jackjones007

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:37    Post subject: Immobiliser Reply with quote

hi all and thanks for your replays, my old Land Rover Disco 1 hade a section in the owners manual that covers this problem, that if the batter when't dead or the engine immobiliser came on due to the car setting its self there was a manual proses that could be carried out to " Un lock " the thing.
It, if memory serves involved locking and unlocking doors and such, this is the sort of think I think is needed to " un lock " this one.
Fingers crossed......
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'e not quite with you here  Confused Whats not working or not doing what it did ?

On the 3.0 you have a chipped key which works the immobiliser and a fob which works the door locks remotely .

Now do you mean the fob or the key is not working ?

If your putting the key in and the engine won't turn over thats one problem .

If you lock the car with the key and the small red light on the dash by the steering wheel flashes the anti theft /remote door locking is ok and the fob may just have lost its memory so read the remote fobby jobby post
on here as how you re set it .

If the remote fobs/red lights  not working the door locks  thats another problem and the two are not connected. No bypass for either problem that is know on here as there are easy ways round both .
jackjones007

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 13:12    Post subject: Immobiliser Reply with quote

Hi Gribble,
I'm prity sure its immobiliser, but, when I got the vehicle there was a existing problem with the central locking, and I found the fob wedged between the counsel and the drivers seat, it flashes when pushed but doesn't arn. Seems to be a broken conection under the drivers seat. So, to lock the doors I have to use the key and can only do it from the passengers side.
Now, to confuse things even more, the ignition barrel was replaced some time ago and now has 2 keys, the original which operates the doors and the other the ignition.
The simplest thing to do is to ask the previous owner I hear you say, he's now living in one of the Spanish Islands and flew out the day I picked up the truck. So no use there.
jackjones007

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 13:15    Post subject: Immobiliser Reply with quote

Gribble, sorry I don't think I answered you question, the vehicle shows break, oil and battery lights when the ignition key is inserted, this allows the engine to turn over but not fire.
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can guess what happened now but I'll pm you with it as it might compromise your car's security
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
I can guess what happened now but I'll pm you with it as it might compromise your car's security

Fair one ......  Cool
jackjones007

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 17:34    Post subject: Immobiliser Reply with quote

Thanks Gribble, I look forward to getting the info.
jackjones007

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 15:00    Post subject: Immobiliser Reply with quote

hi Grible, just a update.
I looked as you sujest end, with no luck. AA diagnosed fault to key requiring re programming...
Now I'm trying to fine either a auto spark or auto locksmith who can attend to do it. Which is proving a challenge on its own.
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key/immobiliser on these can only be programed with Tech 2.
As I see it two options.......
1. Get a new key cloned to the original.
2. Isuzu dealer, new key programed  to immobiliser with Tech 2.

Try pm'ing "Granddad" on here he's in Norwich...not sure if he's got a Tech 2 but would certainly advise you on where to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: