4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

coolant hose layout/diagram/part numbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobyblue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 14:53    Post subject: coolant hose layout/diagram/part numbers Reply with quote

i am having trouble sourcing replacement coolant hoses for 1995 3.1td trooper. i can get straight pipe but no where i have looked can get pipe with preformed bends, is there anywhere i can look at an exploded diagram of the pipe layout with part numbers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 14:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

scoobyblue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

still no joy, i have been to the dealers and they cant even find the hose on their diagrams, these are 2 hoses coming from the front end of the block just below the thermostat and they go on to two rigid metal pipes at the top of the engine then when they clear the block they go back to flexible and go in to the bulkhead, so i assume they are  for the heater box. the pipes i need have bends in them so i cant use straight hose as they would kink at the bend.has anyone any suggestions apart from a decent burial Embarassed
Matt Quinn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not an entirely satisfactory solution - but I've been known to use short lengths of copper plumbing pipe to create bends... Sometimes I use actual soldered joints with short lengths (2"-3")  of pipe fitted; these give a good grip for jubilees...

I'm sure there WAS a commercial system of fittings you could make up hoses from...  Can't recall what it was called though.

Be quite good is some enterprising hose maker did a custom set for these cars...
griffter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

try breakers yard genuine hoses are a, kin expensive b, rare as rocking horse *beep*!
scoobyblue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for the replies, they are more than rare , apparently they are non existant, my main problem is that with my chassis number they can only get into the vauxhall database, maybe the isuzu database would have more luck , i will use second hand as a last resort but for now i will visit a few hydraulic hose manufacturers to see if i can get one made up Mad
Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try looking at the stuff on here - you may not get an exact match but it wont be far off .

eebynowt  item number:

griffter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

having gone thru this myself with possibly twenty year old coolant hoses u have 2 choices breakers or taking affected hoses off and finding a company that can make them up ,surprised the prc dont offer on eebuygum the hoses!
griffter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

try giving trooper spares a phone call
gt-nick
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

you think that's bad........

you want to try finding parts for a mk1...... Confused  Shocked  Crying or Very sad

was cheaper for me to buy another trooper for spares.

Idea  Cool  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
scoobyblue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Try looking at the stuff on here - you may not get an exact match but it wont be far off .

eebynowt  item number:

thanks for that, i finally found an auto parts who took the time to actually go through his stock physically and got a close enough match to let me away, customer service seems to be a rare attribute in this area , thankfully there are still a few good ones out there
rich31td

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't get the hoses you need from a motor factors, vauxhall dealer, Milners etc. then I would advise against second hand hoses from a scrappy as they may not last long at all.

I would try one of the many silicone hoses makers on the internet and if you are worried about kinking hose then go for the wire re-enforced hoses.
scoobyblue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the replies, i have fitted the hose i got from the motor factors and it seems to be ok, i just need to keep a close eye on coolant level for a while, i had to drive 8 miles in a cloud of steam when the hose let go so hopefully the head gasket survived Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: