2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

keys and locks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harvey614

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:12    Post subject: keys and locks Reply with quote

I have just purchased a rodeo 3.0, having only received one key with it, i was surpised to find it will not operate the door locks it goes in but will not turn,. however the ignition works fine, could it be that the key has worn, as it is hardly used(mostly opened with remote) for the door locks it will not operate them anymore, i was thinking of ordering a new key hoping this may solve it. any thoughts will be welcome , 100.000 miles on the clock. harvey.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds odd. the VIN and engine number check out ok? Maybe the engine and electrics have been changed for some reason, but I can't think of a good reason why the locks would not match.

Have you had a look at the barrels maybe there is a reason why it does not turn other than the key? Perhaps just getting a key cut will make a difference and if that works buy the expensive electronic one. Mine works fine a little worn but it is a TF not a rodeo (earlier pickup model, 2003). Lets hope it is something daft as it might be a big problem otherwise (ringer, stolen, cut and shut), but don't assume anything too bad. Why only one key?
harvey614

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thanks tf, i have checked the vin and engine numbers they all check out good. the only problem with getting a key cut, is it will need to be cut from the original which is worn, so not hopefull it will work, isuzu want over £100 to supply key and match with tech 2, so may have to go down that road.
the owner had lost the spare key and not replaced it. thanks anyway
harvey
TF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a worn key re cut a few years ago from a good key cutter and he managed to get the shape correct but all the rounded little bits pointy again. Cost me £3 and it worked really well. Compared to Audi etc £100 for a new key is good, one company wanted £80 to change the battery as it was a sealed unit and a customer of mine had a bill of over £300, but they claimed on insurance for that!

My thought was that if something in the barrel was the problem then it is a lot to shell out unless you need a second key, let's hope the old lost key dosen't turn up!
harvey614

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like i am off to a good locksmith first to see if he can cut me a good key thanks again for all your ideas
harvey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: