4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

oil and smoke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harvey614

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 15:21    Post subject: oil and smoke Reply with quote

hi, I have recently sold my trooper and bought a rodeo, the guys on the trooper forums are ist class and have helped me many times, I was hopefull that somebody may be able to help with my rodeo.

basically the problem started after i bought it and was driving back along the m6 and my mate behind tells me it is black smoking, this increases substantially under load, on returning home I have changed all the oil and filters but not the fuel ones, am i right in saying there are two underneath the car one canister and one in the primer lift pump?.

I have since noticed after removing the front grill there is a build up of oil in between the intercooler and the air con radiator, after close inspection one of the seams on the top hose connection of the intercooler is split causing air and i guess oil to blow out and accumilate, i have removed all the turbo pipes and cleaned these of oil and put it back together iot still smokes but not as bad.

ok so i will replace the broken intercooler, but is the oil coming from the turbo if so can i get this repaired ie new seals or will i have to replaceit, or is thier another problem i have not found yet? any input will be good thanks

its a 3.0 turbo model 2004 with 1000,000 miles.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 15:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Chavy Chevy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burning oil is blue smoke more likely to be overfueled.
And has it realy done 1 million miles ?
harvey614

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thanks for the reply, if it is overfuelling, will this cause a build up of oil in the turbo to intercooler pipes , also as the intercooler leaks an blows will this extract the oil before it exhausts an burns.
sorry but dont really no what overfuelling is, or how i can diagnose or cure it. any help here will be good
thanks harvey
Chavy Chevy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overfueling can be either too much fuel or not enough air, if you have leaks in the intercooler or turbo to intercooler pipes then this could cause the problem as some air is escaping and not getting to the engine. The oil in the turbo intake will be from the crankcase or rocker breather and nothing to worry about unless its pouring out.
harvey614

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers chavy chevy  that all makes sense to me, I will replace the intercooler rad and go from there. I do have another issue with it , i will make a new post as it is not connected (i think) harvey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: